It’s Sunday night, the television is on and I’m relaxing before the beginning of another working week.
However, last week was a huge learning curve with my Digital Marketing Modern Apprenticeship. It was a learning curve because my work, TIGERS LTD, which is a employment broker and training provider gave me the responsibility of handling social media activity for Skills Development Scotland #ScotAppWeek17. This responsibility gave the the practical experience to work towards my SQA qualification for my Digital Marketing Modern Apprenticeship SCQF Level 6.
Not going to lie… my palms were sweaty and I was slightly panicky about the responsibility. But my team gave me a huge amount of support and understanding that this is my learning curve. I felt encouraged to share my ideas with social media activity and plan out when to share our creative ideas.
Even though I was given the responsibility, the number one thing I learnt this week is collaboration is extremely important. Everyone working together to achieve the same goal. All the team coming together to boost social media activity and encourage engagement with young people by interacting and sharing inspriational stories.
I felt as a team we made a huge impact, what could be better than that.
Highlights of #ScotAppWeek17
My highlights of #ScotAppWeek17 which I felt I created an impact are:
- Creating #TIGERTALK hashtag
- Consistent social media posting on the main TIGERS social media pages
- Going to Scottish Parliament to discuss barriers and stigma of Modern Apprenticeships with Jamie Hepburn, Training and Employability Minister
- Creating and editing “Standstill for Caitlin’s journey” giving a frozen tour of my Modern Apprenticeship journey
- Involvement in open day encouraging young people to use photoboards and instant social media posting. Also creating a hashtag competition
- Consistent video blogging posting and creating a video blog myself, along with others, giving people an insight to the passion young people have when undertaking a Modern Apprenticeship
- Creating and taking the photos for the Modern Apprenticeship competition and Pre-Apprenticeship selfie competition which I revealed live on Facebook who were the winners
- Creating a paid targeted approach on social media to encourage people to come to TIGERS LTD to undertake a pathway into a Modern Apprenticeship
- Launch of YouTube channel
I really enjoyed this week and the support Skills Development Scotland gave us by sharing our posts and encouraging us to share our ideas.
It was an exciting social media whirlwind and as the week went on I felt my confidence grow. Confidence is a big thing for me. By having the support of my managers and my Operations Director, Pauline Scott, I felt I could achieve anything.
achieve anything ….
I felt like my face was plastered a lot on the TIGERS LTD social media pages, with the video blogging. Of course, there is always a worry that what will people think when blogging or video blogging. But growing up you learn to do what makes you happy. If I encourage at least one person to come onto TIGERS LTD through my video blogs then I have definitely achieved my goal 💪.
If you are interested in a Modern Apprenticeship in Childcare, Business Administation, Digital Marketing, Construction within Glasgow, South Lanarkshire or East Dunbartonshire aged between 16-24 then call 0141-771-5200 to come onto the TIGERS LTD Modern Apprenticeship pathway. This could be the beginning.